May 10, 2022
Lower Back Pain is the #1 Type of Pain. Look After Your Lower Back!
First things first: If you are experiencing lower back pain, you are not alone. Over 25% of US adults experienced lower back pain in the past three months – that’s roughly 51 million Americans in a similar position to you!
51 million others who likely also:
- Lost hours of potential sleep, lying awake thinking about their back pain.
- Lost some of their favorite hobbies, due to the strain – like bending over to tend to the garden.
- Lost a level of self-confidence, as tasks were once easy – like picking up a heavy object – became an impossible challenge.
When we talk about lower back pain, we’re not just talking about lower back pain. We’re talking about the huge impact on your everyday life and your overall quality of life.
But your story with lower back pain doesn’t need to end here: whether you’ve yet to find an effective pain therapy tool or simply believe a life with less back pain is not an attainable reality, we are here to tell you, there is hope! Keep reading to learn why it’s actually completely normal to experience lower back pain and (most importantly) what we can do to help it!
Why is Lower Back Pain SO Common?
1. Firstly, the Lower Back Has a Delicate Structure
The way our lower backs are physically structured is precarious to begin with. That’s because:
- The lower back has far fewer vertebrae than the neck and mid-back. The neck has 7 vertebrae. The mid-back has 12 vertebrae. But the lower back only has 5 vertebrae.
- With every vertebrae comes a set of intervertebral discs. These are round, rubbery pads that act like shock absorbers to cushion our bones as our body moves. As you can imagine, these play a crucial role in minimizing pain.
- Vertebrae also protect our nerves, which are responsible for how we feel and register pain.
- The lower back needs to bear much of the weight of the upper body.
- Over time, the intervertebral discs degenerate, exposing our vertebrae and our nerves.
2. Then Take the Common Risks into Account
Naturally, the lower back is prone to the heavy workload, stress, and strain from carrying the upper body. On top of that, most of us put our low backs through extra exertion from daily activities such as physical work, heavy lifting, etc. The most common of these risk factors include:
- Weight gain
- Job related factors
- Mental health
3. Add in Any Unanticipated Disruption
In addition to the structure we start with and the toll that we knowingly put our lower backs through, there are also unplanned disruptions. This mechanical type of pain disrupts the way the components of the back fit together and move. These can be broken down into four main categories:
- Skeletal irregularities
- Spina bifida
- Traumatic injury from sport
iii. Degenerative Problems:
- Disc degeneration
iv. Nerve & Spinal Cord Problems:
- Spinal nerve compression
- Herniated discs
When you take all these factors into consideration, it makes sense why so many individuals experience back pain. Unfortunately it can almost be inevitable with certain lifestyles, conditions, or injuries. But what does not have to be inevitable is how we respond to the pain.
Take Back Control Over Your Lower Back Pain
Last year in the US there were:
101M days of work lost to back pain
27% of opioid-naive, newly diagnosed low back pain patients who received an opioid prescription
900k spine surgeries
And while sick days, prescription drugs, and medical procedures are completely normal and often necessary parts of the process, they aren’t the only options available!
At DR-HO’S, we are very passionate about helping you live a life with less pain. And while the best method of pain relief changes from person to person, pain type to pain type, we’ve definitely noticed a pattern over the last 35 years in the pain relief business: people want a convenient, drug-free device — something that they can use at work, at-home, or wherever they are, in-between appointments to specialists to help them take the edge off their pain. And something that doesn’t make them feel like they need to take pills multiple times per day.
Introducing the Triple Action Back Belt
Meet the Triple Action Back Belt – our pain relief device specifically designed to target lower back pain with three therapies:
1. Core Compression
Comes with two adjustable compression bands to help with heavy lifting & everyday activities. Easily pull these bands to increase or decrease tightness around the core. The tighter they are, the more relief and support you’ll feel in the lower back. Think of this part like the standard back brace that helps keep things nice and tight and in-place while you move around your day.
2. Lumbar Support
Has an inflatable cushion to support curvature in the lower back. Pump up the belt and feel a nice comfortable pillow ergonomically designed right where you need it. Automatically make any position you're in – such as sitting in a car for long hours or standing bent over the sink – more comfortable by supporting the delicate structure of your lower back.
3. Powerful Pain Therapy Technology
Provides gentle, mild electrical pulse therapy to help relieve pain. These types of therapies are the same ones that have been used by doctors and physical therapists for years.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS): Gently stimulates nerves to help relieve pain.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS): Contracts & relaxes muscles to improve & facilitate muscle performance.
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES): Relaxes muscle spasms, helps circulation, & increases range of motion.
- DR-HO’S Proprietary Auto-Modulating (AMP) Pulse Technology to keep the therapy unpredictable each time!
The therapies in this device are entirely drug-free, so you can use it multiple times a day, worry-free.
While most TENS machines are small devices with body pads for any part of the body, the Triple Action Back Belt was intentionally designed for the lower back. This makes it more comfortable and easy to use. Just put it on under your clothes at home or at work and go about your regular day while receiving pain therapy.
Try It With a 90 Day Home Trial, Money Back Guarantee
The Triple Action Back Belt might not be the right product for you. You might not end up using it as often as you thought you would or maybe you won’t love how it feels. We get it, pain relief is personal.
But if you’re living with daily lower back pain and feel like you’ve lost sleep, hobbies, or confidence all to your back pain – you owe it to yourself to at least try.
That’s why we are proud to offer our 90 day home trial with a money back guarantee. Buy the Belt today and try it for yourself. Use it as much as you’d like for the next three whole months. Then decide if it's the right tool for you.
With nothing to lose and some lower back pain relief to gain, why not just try?